Saturday 15 March 2014

ZALZA : The Next Step (Fitness DVD from Flavia Cacace-Mistry and Russell Grant)



Hi everyone :-)

Just thought I'd write a bit of a review of the new Zalza Fitness DVD from Flavia Cacace-Mistry & Russell Grant. Those of you who follows me on Twitter will probably have found it hard to avoid my tweets about it over the last few days ;)

I already have the first Zalza DVD which I did pretty regularly, but when I heard there was a new Zalza 2 (The Next Step) coming out I was really looking forward to giving it a go.  Spring is coming up and I was needing some motivation to kick start my new keep fit campaign, so what better way than with a new fitness DVD from the ever Flavulous Flavia, and the lovely Russell :-)

This DVD is definitely more challenging than the first Zalza so as the title suggests, it is a good 'next step' for anyone who was already doing some form of dance/fitness exercise.
The routines are pretty full on with some tricky (but easy enough to pick up) moves. Flavia is a brilliant teacher and carefully explains each step in a straightforward way, so after a couple of attempts at the individual moves, the routines kind of fall into place.

In this DVD because it is a bit more challenging than the last, Flavia's friend Sam takes the place of Russell when it comes to the actual routines although Russell takes part in the instructional sections with both Flavia and Sam.
A great thing about Zalza is that it is really only as challenging as you want it to be as there are different step/spin/arm options for a lot of the moves if you would rather do a more gentle workout.

What also makes this one different from the last (and also from other dance fitness DVD's) is that the routines are all dance FUSIONS which is fab as we get to do two different dance styles in one, so although the routines are pretty long they are great fun with the changing styles and tempo's, and all danced to some brilliant tracks.

I'll give a quick run down on what is included on the 2 discs...

Disc 1: 6 Fusion routines plus warm up and cool down sections.

Tango/Toning
Merengue/Salsa
Salsa/Samba
Paso Doble/Cha Cha
Rumba/Cha Cha
Jive/Quickstep

I have done bits of ALL of the above but have only completed the Merengue/Salsa so far. I like to try each of them out just for a feel of them but then go back and work on one so that I have pretty much learnt it all before moving on to the next. Each routine lasts for maybe 6 or 7 minutes (maybe even more), so it takes a good bit of stamina to do the whole number. It took me a few attempts before I managed to complete one but now that I have, I'm looking forward to moving on to my next one :-)

Can't wait to get to the Jive/Quickstep but think that will be the last on my list as it definitely seems to be the most full on of them all.... I have it in my sights though and is what I am aiming for.

Disc 2 : Zalza 80's Party

Set in a disco/club and jam packed with 80's music, this disc would be great fun when having friends around.
There is an 80's Jukebox if you're looking for some good background music, and there are some group routines with partner dancing where you can move from one dance partner to another, so is a great way of mixing and getting to know people while having a good bit of fun too.
I'm actually looking forward to taking this to our next family party as I know the kids will love it (and the adults too) ... I can already imagine the chaos :D

All in all it is a brilliant DVD and I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a good fun way of keeping fit while dancing.
Good clear instructions to follow, fab choreography from Flavia and great routines to master... I'm already looking forward to doing some more :-)

If you're looking to try it out for yourself, it is available through QVC

I will of course be tweeting my progress so look out for me excitedly yelling that I'VE FINALLY DONE THE JIVE/QUICKSTEP... if I still have the energy to tweet that is :D

xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment